This policy sets out how Honest Smile (T/A Honest Solutions LTD) uses and protects any information that you give Honest Smile (T/A Honest Solutions LTD) regardless of the way you contact us.
Honest Smile (T/A Honest Solutions LTD) is fully committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any personal data that is provided by you from which an individual can be identified will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We process personal information about our customers, suppliers and employees.
Honest Smile (T/A Honest Solutions LTD) may change this by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are understand the policy and are happy with any changes made. This policy is effective from 22nd August 2020
What is personal data?
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) defines personal data as any information from which an individual can be identified directly or indirectly (i.e by an IP address or pseudonymised personal data). ‘Personal data’ means any information relating to a person (a ‘data subject’) who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person.
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and occupation
- Your contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode (disclosure on the medical declaration)
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Contact we may have had with you such as appointments
- Other information relevant to past and present medical history and conditions including dental records, radiographs, clinical photographs, study models.
- Information about treatment provided or proposed treatment and its costs.
- Notes of conversations or incidents about which a record may need to be kept.
- Records of consent to treatment
How we collect and with whom we share personal information
- We may collect data via your contact with us by way of telephone (we may record phone calls for quality assurance purposes) or by email, by way of a contact enquiry form via our website, via our app, via SMS, via our online chat facility, through social media or face-to-face (i.e. during a dental consultation, diagnosis and treatment) or by completion of a medical declaration and consent form
- We may collect information from other sources such as family members who are acting on your behalf, and we may collect or share your personal information other healthcare professionals i.e. hospitals, GP’s, clinics, private dental insurance companies (for insurance claims) HMRC, and financial companies (information for payment of any treatment) credit reference agencies, fraud prevention and when obliged by law.
- Disclosure will take place on a ‘need-to-know’ basis. Only those individuals or organisations who need to know to provide care for you and for the proper administration of Government (whose personnel are covered by strict confidentiality rules) will be given the information.
Why we hold information about you
- We need to keep comprehensive and accurate personal data about our customers so that we can provide you with safe and appropriate dental care. We also need to process personal data about our customers to provide care and to ensure the proper management and administration of the relevant systems that apply to our customers care. Our partner clinics will retain dental records while you are a practice patient and after you cease to be a patient, for at least six years. We will ask you yearly to update your medical history and contact details.
- In the event of a complaint, your concerns can be properly investigated.
What we do with the gathered information
This information is required to better understand your needs and provide you with an efficient and relevant service, particularly for the reasons stated below:
- For the purpose of providing an efficient and accurate healthcare service to our customers and to assess your oral healthcare
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the data to improve our products and services.
- We may send promotional emails and social media campaigns about new products, exclusive offers or general or other information which we think you may find interesting
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes
It is essential that your details are accurate and up to date. Please always check that your personal data is correct and advise us of any changes as soon as possible
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. (Password and firewall protected servers). Personal data about you is held in the our partner practice’s computer system and/or in a manual filing system. The information is not accessible to the public; only authorised members of staff have access to it.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you complete a form on our website, you will be asked to agree to opt in by ticking a box to indicate that you agree for information to be used by us for direct marketing purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information you may change your mind and unsubscribe at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our email communication sent to you.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Access to your records – your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing. You have the right of access to the data that we hold about you and to receive a copy. Formal applications for access must be in writing to us at email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you do not agree
If you do not wish personal data that we hold about you to be disclosed or used in the way that is described in this privacy statement, please contact via email on firstname.lastname@example.org