Dental treatment in Albania vs Europe and the UK
Those that need medical or cosmetic treatment can often be put off by high costs in the UK. This means that many will go without, causing pain, discomfort, and even issues with self-image and confidence. But it doesn’t have to be this way! It’s becoming increasingly common for dental patients to look for treatment abroad. Dental treatment in Albania is a popular option because not only is it low-cost and high-quality, but it’s a beautiful country as well.
Seeking dental treatment abroad can save patients up to 70% all-in. Not only that but the care on offer is on a par, if not better than what can be offered in the UK. The only reason prices are lower is because there are differences in economies, the cost of living, and average salaries.
So how does dental treatment in Albania measure up to other European countries and the UK? Let’s take a quick look.
Dental implants in Europe
The average price of a dental implant in the UK is GBP 947, excluding additional appointments and checks before the procedure is undertaken. In a country where the average monthly wage is GBP 1900, this represents a significant chunk of salary.
In Western European countries such as Belgium, France, Ireland, and Switzerland, you can expect to pay between GBP 730 and GBP 1120 for a single dental implant. This is without the cost of x-rays, CT scans, and consultations which push the price up even more. We typically think of Western Europe as having the highest standards for dental treatment, but in reality, the prices directly correlate to a higher cost of living.
In Central and Eastern Europe, prices are lower. This is due to lower living and business costs. In Slovakia and Romania, you will pay between GBP 430 and GBP 500 for a single implant, plus costs of consultations and scans. These are significantly lower than Western Europe, but still not very affordable.
In Hungary and Poland, both popular destinations for dental tourism, the cost is GBP 412 and GBP 534 respectively. Again, these prices are good, but they are still not exactly affordable.
So what about dental treatment in Albania?
With Honest Smile’s highly professional and certified dentists, a dental implant in Albania starts at GBP 140 for a titanium implant and GBP 350 for a premium implant. Furthermore, you don’t have to pay for the x-ray or the consultation, and the CT scan is just GBP 30.
At these prices, you could get almost seven titanium implants or nearly three premium for the price of just one UK one.
Furthermore, it’s important to understand that all dental implants done in Albania are covered by a comprehensive guarantee. This is something that many don’t consider when they look for dental treatment abroad. The guarantee offered by Honest Smile covers all aspects of your treatment and we have actively decided to surpass what other Eastern European destinations offer in their typical guarantees. In the unlikely chance of any issues, we will cover your flight to Albania, pay for your accommodation, and fix the problem without delay.
You can find out more about guarantee terms, conditions, and durations here.
Of course, a client will rarely have just a single implant. Often, additional work is required including an abutment, a healing screw, and a crown. This is the most commonly requested kind of dental implant.
Having just one implant and a crown can cost at the least, GBP 795 in Hungary, all the way up to a staggering GBP 2,325 in Switzerland. In the UK, it will likely set you back around GBP 2000, more than a month’s salary for the average person.
In Albania, you could be looking at a bill of just GBP 280 per tooth, depending on the kind of crown and implant that you opt for. Our trusted Albanian partners offer metal-ceramic crowns, zirconium, and zirconium multilayer crowns. Furthermore, the preparation of the tooth is free.
Dental treatment in Albania is at such a good price point that you can afford multiple dental implants. The more you have, the more you save!
Dental treatment in Albania
To date, Albania is something of a well-kept secret when it comes to dental treatment. While it offers by far, the best value prices in the whole of Europe, it hasn’t yet become as popular as some of the other key destinations like Hungary, Poland, and Turkey. But this doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider it.
Why should I consider dental treatment in Albania?
- It offers the best-priced dental treatment in Europe.
- Albanian dentists are highly trained and qualified and many have either been educated or worked abroad.
- The care you receive when you undergo dental treatment in Albania will be on a par with the rest of Europe, if not better.
- Albania is just three hours via direct flight from all London airports.
- You can travel there with no restrictions on entry and no need to quarantine on arrival.
- Currently, you need to quarantine and do a PCR test when you arrive back in the UK. If it’s negative, you can end quarantine after five days. Be sure to check any changes or updates, before booking your trip.
- Flights to Albania are low-cost and comfortable with reputable airlines.
- Albania is a safe country with low incidences of street crime. The people are welcoming, friendly, and generous with foreigners.
- Durres, where our partner dentists are based, is a charming seaside city. Just 20 minutes from the airport and 30 from the capital of Tirana, it is in the perfect location.
- Albania is a cheap country to visit. You can dine in fine restaurants for as little as GBP 10 per head and enjoy fresh seafood, wine, and other delicacies (once your dentist gives you the go-ahead of course!) for very little.
- Albania is one of the sunniest countries in Europe with over 300 days of sunshine a year. Temperatures in Durres and Tirana range between 10 and 40 degrees throughout the year.
- Albania is a gem of the Balkans and is an up-and-coming tourist destination. You can go hiking, skiing, do water sports, horse ride, lie on the beach, visit cantinas, or relax in luxury- whatever takes your fancy. There are also plenty of castles, ancient ruins, museums, and various other cultural attractions to indulge in.
- All of this means there are plenty of wonderful things to see and do while you recover from your procedure. Or if you want to return home after you can as it’s only a few hours away!
The last word
Picking the perfect place for dental treatment such as dental implants can be tough. Going in blind and putting all your trust in a foreign dental company can seem daunting and risky. That’s why we want to be as transparent as possible. We are honest and fair with our prices, give you a comprehensive guarantee, and are here to answer any questions or queries that you might have. Before you make the decision, or if you are thinking of dental treatment in Albania, why not contact us for a quick chat?
Dental Treatment AlbaniaDental Tourism AlbaniaHigh Quality DentalDental Holidays
Published on: 2021-06-16